Author Topic: Isetta pedal car  (Read 10479 times)

larrylhaertling@yahoo.com

Isetta pedal car
« on: June 05, 2014, 09:38:49 PM »
I want information on a Isetta 300 pedal car.  Has anyone seen one for sale or a suggested price.  The one I am looking at has been completely restored and in excellent condition.
Larry

Jim Janecek

Re: Isetta pedal car
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 04:27:29 PM »
do you have a photo of it?
Is it white plastic and looks like a Velam Isetta like this?:

or is it a red generic pedal car with Isetta badges and headlamps on it like this?:

(the above generic pedal car gets passed off as a Messerschmitt or Isetta depending on the trim applied)

larrylhaertling@yahoo.com

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 09:14:54 PM »
It looks exactly like the red car with the 300 BMW Isetta logo.  It this just a generic but not an original Isetta.  What would be the value.  Thanks you have been helpful
Larry

Jim Janecek

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 09:18:26 AM »
As far as I know these are not "original" Isetta pedal cars.  These emerged from South America about a decade ago priced at around $500 and I have seen them advertised for around $1000 since.  They are all "new", not restored from something old.
the only "original" Isetta pedal car is the white plastic Velam one I posted a picture of.

here is a place passing off their pedal car as "1 of 3 known":
http://www.themilltoymuseum.com/latest-arrivals

here is a place in Brazil that calls them "faithful replicas" and offers to sell them:
http://www.planejarlojasvirtuais.com.br/clientes/isettamania/sistema_fotos/brinquedos_pedalcar_detalhes_imovel.php?Cod=91

note at the above link in Brazil they also make a "mini Isetta" that is 1/2 scale.  It looks rather nice but again, all these are made new in South America.
Several years ago I spoke with an Antiques Dealer who told me that South America cranks out lots of reproduction pedal cars (and other items) for cheap and they are then passed off as restorations by dealers.

gregp58

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 10:49:41 AM »
Jim,
The 1/2 scale Isetta is pretty cool. Have you ever seen one in person?
Greg