Author Topic: Isetta 300 help please  (Read 6738 times)

kevpilot

Isetta 300 help please
« on: May 22, 2014, 05:28:24 AM »
Greetings !
I am the new owner of a 1958 Isetta 300.  Unfortunately the engine is bad.  I've decided to put this car back together to the highest level of quality I can afford.  That being said, I am looking for suggestions for resources and parts.  I've found Isettas-R-Us and some other sellers on ebay.  Still recovering from sticker shock on some items :o  but not completley unexpected I guess given the rarity of the car.  Any known Isetta "Junkyards" in the Eastern USA? I'm in the Mid-Atlantic region.   Any suggestions on how to proceed with sourcing engine parts?  The cylinder is broken on the bottom and I'm still investigating any internal damage. 

Thanks,

Kevin

admin

• Administrator
Re: Isetta 300 help please
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 07:31:37 AM »
They are relatively rare and also highly desirable at this time.  Not enough exist to warrant having large amounts of spares stockpiled or reproduced.
There are no Isetta Junkyards.  Actually there are, but they are now called "private collections" and they are not sitting in a lot where you can pick parts off them.
There are a number of people that hoard these little cars over time, filling barns and other buildings on their property.  They are not interested selling any parts.

The best way to source parts for a reasonable price is to take time and try to attend meets and events in your area.
You will meet other like-minded people.  If they know you have a car and are trying to find things, this is when you will find people willing to part with items for more reasonable prices.