Author Topic: CL: 1957 BMW Isetta project for sale in Sunland CA $9000  (Read 5408 times)

CL

• plucked from Craigslist
CL: 1957 BMW Isetta project for sale in Sunland CA $9000
« on: June 23, 2013, 01:01:34 PM »
from California Craigslist:
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/3884754983.html

from the ad:
A beautiful 1957 BMW Isetta for sale. It still needs some of your loving to finish this timeless classic. I always wanted an Isetta and I bought with the intention of doing a complete ground up restoration but sometimes things happen in life and now it's time to part ways. Now it could be a part of your collection. I did all the hard work, now you can finish putting it together and feel the accomplishment in building your dream ride. The garage find was found in the San Fernando Valley, Los Angeles, California. The body was pretty much rust free beside the battery box. The body was sandblasted by PowderCraft in Sun Valley, CA. I had tons of body work done to pound out all the dents. I had it painted white over blue. The underneath body was not undercoated so you can see how solid it is and not to hide anything from the new buyer. Most of the parts were sandblasted and powder coated gloss black. I priced it low so you can finish it and still have plenty of money left over to be in the black. The Isetta is priced at a low $9,000. The price is firm and not negotiable. The Isetta is sold as is, where is with no cooling off period. You buy it, take it, it's yours for the keeping.

The Isetta comes with a bill of sale, but for additional $ 300 I will obtain the CA title (title only) at the DMV, or save money and do it yourself. The title usually takes two weeks to arrive from the DMV.

What's included in the sale.
1.)The body, front door and engine compartment cover. Fresh paint.
2.) Good windshield, and three side glasses. Missing rear glass and one side glass, which I have, but it's broken.
3.) Frame and all suspension/brake components. Most parts have been blasted and powder coated.
4.) The engine and transmission which needs to be rebuilt.
5.) The upholstery work is also needed. The seat frames were repaired and powder coated.
6.) The carburetor needs to be rebuilt.
7.) Rims and used tires
8.) Original wiper motor, rear lenses,etc
10.) Many other parts are included. Some have been repaired, restored or need to be restored or rebuilt.

11.) New parts ;

1.) All rubber for the outside body parts
2.) Body to frame rubber
3.)Motor mounts
4.)Transmission shift boot
5.)Bumper to door seal
6.)Door to body seal
7.) New rear shocks
8.) New gas cap
9.) All window rubber including gray locking strip
10.) New wiring harness
11.) New voltage regulator and starter solenoid
12.) Drive line couplings and conversions kit
13.) Driveshaft
14.) Steering bushings
15.) Steering column bushings
16.) Speedometer cable
17.) Front turn signal lenses
18.) Accelerator cable kit
19.) Fuel valve
20.) Air cleaner to body tube
21.) All chrome bumpers
22.) new muffler exhaust system
23) Restored speedo gauge.
24. New old stock battery
25.) New Hubcaps
26.) New BMW badge
27.) New brake master cylinder
28.) New stainless steel brake hoses
27.) Manuals, brochures, books to help you in the rebuild.

any many other parts I probably forgot to mention.

if the link doesn't work, the listing has expired, nothing I can do about it.