Author Topic: 2013 Deutsche Classic  (Read 8899 times)

Deutsche Classic

2013 Deutsche Classic
« on: May 06, 2013, 01:04:35 PM »
Deutsche Classic, Reading, PA, 9th annual premier all German Automotive event held annually on the second Saturday in July, including vintage, classic and late model Porsche, Audi, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, and Volkswagen as well as the unique German orphan and micro cars: DKW, Goliath, Goggomobil, Heinkel, Isetta, Messerschmitt, NSU, Opel, Wartburg among others. Saturday July 13th at Oley Fairgrounds (26 Jefferson St. Oley, PA 19547). Swap meet, car show, car corral, live music, Ladies in Jeans contest with cash prizes and tire toss competition with $600 tire vouchers. Individually designed, hand crafted, class specific show car awards incorporating vintage parts & automobilia. A la carte food included with $17 admission (12 and under free). An all-family event. Rain or Shine 8:00am – 4:00pm. Directions: US-222 to Route 73 East. NOTE: New Venue! Visit Deutsche Classic | Mid Atlantic's Premier All-German Automotive Event , call Fred @ 610-796-1446 or email Fred@TransportationEmporium.com

Here are some photos from previous events!

Jim Janecek

Re: 2013 Deutsche Classic
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 02:20:09 PM »
I like those trophies.   :)
Friends of mine on from NJ have been to this event in the past and really enjoyed it.

steveg

Re: 2013 Deutsche Classic
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 06:53:20 PM »
I attended this particular show a couple years ago... yes thats my Heinkel Kabine  four wheeler... a nice show, lots of German autos, bugs, busses, and a few microcars.. the trophys are all hand made and unique. 

the judging however needs much to be desired..
example in the microcar class....  how does a schmitt REPLICA (Record) with NEON and stick on crap from Autozone or Walmart beat out another Schmitt thats clean, origional, and beautiful?    no offence to the owners, but be real here....

the organizers  could use some education on whats REAL, and whats FAKE, Original from OVER RESTORED...
I would recommend this show just to see the different variety of German Autos...  but to enter again?  NOPE!