Author Topic: rubber extrusions  (Read 8959 times)

FSport

rubber extrusions
« on: April 18, 2013, 01:50:27 PM »
Does anbody know where you can have a short run of rubber extruded?

Jim Janecek

Re: rubber extrusions
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 09:59:43 AM »
Any place that does extrusions CAN do a "short run" of an extrusion, but you will still have to pay for probably 3X the amount of material you need to make it worth their while, and that is assuming they already have the proper tooling.

If they have to create the tooling from an example you provide, you will have to pay for them to create that, set up a machine with the new tooling, do a test run until it works properly and THEN you can get your "short run" of material done.  But you will have to pay for the creation of the tooling and setup before the short run is done.
Metro Moulded Parts in MN is one place that has done things for people, try them but don't expect it to be cheap.
www.metrommp.com

FSport

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2013, 11:30:43 AM »
Thank you Jim for the info I will contact them.

Jim Janecek

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 12:14:41 PM »
also try KARR RUBBER in California:

KARR Rubber & Manufacturing
133 Lomita St El Segundo, CA 90245‎
(310) 322-1993

I know they have done short run extrusions of existing profiles for people, they have Isetta windshield rubber profiles as well as a lot of others.  Contact them and see what they say.  They might have you send a snippet of whatever you are looking to have done.  It might be something they have as a stock profile for something else.  Don't recall if they have a catalog or not.  No website though.

FSport

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 05:21:28 PM »
I will call them also. With other owners I know wanting this makes it more feasible to purchase. I am also waiting to see if the Zeta Sports also used this rubber seal under the windshield.