Author Topic: Anyone going to Hilton Head?  (Read 13110 times)

steveswamp

Anyone going to Hilton Head?
« on: September 27, 2017, 12:23:47 PM »

Anyone planning to attend the Hilton Head concours this year? Anyone entered? We're planning on going down for the event - it's usually a great time. And microcars are usually well represented.

Let us know and we'll do our best to introduce ourselves!

Steve.

kabinenroller

Re: Anyone going to Hilton Head?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 08:16:23 PM »
Steve,
I am not planning to be at HH this year. I am sure they will have a Microcar class, normally JC O'Steen assembles the cars for the class. I will talk to him and see what th plan is for this year. I know he is headed to Hershey for the swap meet right now but I will try to call him.
He did mention to me that the Cobble Beach Concours in Canada will host a Microcar class in 2019.
Jim

kabinenroller

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2017, 09:02:43 PM »
I have information about Hilton Head 2017. There will be a Microcar class, they have 8 cars registered so the class is complete for this year. If anyone is interested they will be looking for 8 more cars for the 2018 Concours and would be glad to hear from potential exhibitors.
Jim

steveswamp

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2017, 09:30:04 AM »
Thanks for the info, Jim. I'll take photos and post them.

Steve.

steveswamp

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2017, 01:22:18 PM »
So I'm back from the Hilton Head show. Another excellent year - about 75 degrees and slightly overcast. Hard to beat that knid of weather in November!

Micros had a great showing - The usual Isettas were present, along with a Subaru 360, A PTV and a Mini Moke. I'm sure I'm leaving out some cars. Once I get some time to go through my photos, I'll post a full recap and pics. One thing that was a surprise to me - no Messerschmidts! Overall, it was a great show - worth making the trip!

Steve.

kabinenroller

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2017, 05:45:30 PM »
Steve,
I will be looking forward to seeing your pictures. I talked to JC the day before he left for H.H. he told me that there would be a good class of micro’s this year. He did not mention makes or models but I figured that there would not be a Messerschmitt in the group. We’ll see what next year brings, I would like to attend again my KR200 it  has not been shown there since 2008.
Jim

Jim Garbo
The ‘Schmitt Haus