Author Topic: Hilton Head Concours 2016  (Read 13099 times)

kabinenroller

Hilton Head Concours 2016
« on: October 18, 2016, 10:17:53 PM »

I'm heading to the Hilton Head Concours in November (it's officially on!).

Steve
Have you entered a car in the Concours? I will have my KR201 in the "Messerschmitt Squadron" class, and I have just finished the restoration of a TG500 that will also be in that class..
Jim Garbo
The 'Schmitt Haus

steveswamp

Re: Hilton Head Concours 2016
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 02:24:00 PM »
No, not entering any cars. But I will keep an eye out for you.

I assume you've been there in the past. Good crowds. They seem to really love micros there - most people have no clue what they are, but are very interested. It's a really well done show.

Are you just bringing them to the Concours, or will you display them at the club show on Saturday?

Steve.

kabinenroller

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 03:00:08 PM »
Steve,
I have been there before, about six years ago my KR200 was in the Concours. This year will be the first time they will have a class dedicated to Messerschmitts. The TG and my 201 will be at the airport on Friday night for the Areo Expo and also on Saturday for the club day display. The Messerschmitts will be displayed with vintage aircraft. On Sunday we move the cars to the Concours field. It will be a busy weekend!
There will be at least seven Messerschmitts in the class. Two TG500's, one KR201, one KR175 and three KR200's. (At last count)
See you there!

Jim Garbo
The 'Schmitt Haus

steveswamp

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2016, 09:04:21 AM »
Jim,

That's great to hear that the Messerschmitts will be so well represented. Last year, there were about 8-10 micros in total, primarily Isettas. Others there were (from memory) 1 Messerschmitt, 1 Berkely Sports, 1 Austin Bantam, 1 Crosley. The numbers of micros have been slowly increasing over time, especially since they gave them their own class. Now that the schmitts have their own, hopefully that will really start to increase the numbers. If the weather is as good as last year, you're in for a fun weekend!

Steve.

FSport

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2016, 07:22:27 PM »
Hi Jim
Make sure you post some pictures. Would like to see the Tiger you just finished. Have a great trip!

kabinenroller

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2016, 08:23:02 PM »
Hi Mark,
I will try to post some pictures of the class when I return from H.H.
Check your email, I sent you something.
Jim

steveswamp

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2016, 02:09:06 PM »
The Weather Channel's 10 day forecast is showing that it should be beautiful weather next weekend at the event. Should be a good one!

Steve.

kabinenroller

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2016, 09:51:22 PM »
I have been watching the island weather also. So far it's looking like great weather! The TG is finished and left here last Friday, I will be loading the trailer with the KR201 this weekend. My plan is to leave here next Wednesday, I will be making a stop at a museum then plan to arrive at Hilton Head Friday mid morning. We have to place the cars at the airport at 2pm for the Friday night Areo Expo and for the car club day on Saturday. The cars will then move to the Concours field on Sunday morning.
It will be a busy weekend!

steveswamp

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2016, 12:56:38 PM »
So your cars will be at the airport on Saturday?

My wife and I are getting into town on Wednesday evening (no cars to transport). We live near Raleigh NC, so it's about a 5 hour drive. We vacation on HHI regularly.

If you end up needing any help, let me know. I'm not sure what my wife has planned, but if you need some help, I'll do what I can.

Steve.

kabinenroller

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2016, 05:30:44 PM »
Steve,
Yes, there should be 5-7 Messerschmitts at the airport Friday evening for the Areo Expo and then Saturday for the club day. There will also be aircraft on display with the cars.
I should have everything under control but please stop by and if I need anything I will let you know.
My KR201 is white with a black folding top, it will be the only one there.
Jim

steveswamp

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2016, 01:46:44 PM »
Not sure I'll make it out to the airport. Would love to, but the main show has grown in size over the years, and it's a lot to cover on its own. I can send you my cell number. Just call if you need something.

Where you staying on the island?

kabinenroller

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2016, 01:54:56 PM »
Steve,
I received the message with your phone number.
I will be staying at the H.Q. Hotel. The Westin Hilton Head Resort on Grasslawn Ave.
Arriving Friday late a.m.
If I need anything I will call, make sure to look me up at the Concours if not before.
Thanks!
Jim

steveswamp

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2016, 10:22:16 AM »
Jim,

The Westin is a nice hotel. We own a timeshare at the Marriott next door. I think the Westin fared pretty well in the hurricane. You're just a short walk from the Concours, but the Westin runs a shuttle.

Not sure where we are staying, or when we're getting in. Had a family emergency last night, which is delaying our arrival. I'll definitely catch up with you on Sunday, if not sooner.

Steve.