Author Topic: Isetta 300, feels like fuel starving, HELP  (Read 8386 times)

rvboltz

Isetta 300, feels like fuel starving, HELP
« on: August 29, 2016, 03:45:32 PM »
With gas pedal to floor, feels like I'm running out of fuel.  Top speed is 45 mph, before restoration, was 52. Spark is clean, starts fine, have rebuilt carb.  At 3/4 throttle car runs fine, plenty of power for a Isetta. When I floor the pedal, it stumbles ans holds back.

Bob Boltz
Rvboltz@vrboltz.com

admin

• Administrator
Re: Isetta 300, feels like fuel starving, HELP
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 09:56:59 AM »
Try pulling back on the choke lever next time you floor it and see if that does anything to "fix" the problem.
If it does, then you most likely have a bit of grit or something in the main jet and it will have to be cleaned out.
Oddly enough this seems to happen a lot after rebuilding everything.

Also make sure you have a fairly full tank of fuel.
My Isetta would never run as well flat out when it was on Reserve as the gravity-feed system could not keep up with the demand.

And last: do you have any kind of pre-filter installed in the feed line?  If so, get rid of it.

rvboltz

Re: Isetta 300, feels like fuel starving, HELP
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 11:01:20 AM »
Try pulling back on the choke lever next time you floor it and see if that does anything to "fix" the problem.
If it does, then you most likely have a bit of grit or something in the main jet and it will have to be cleaned out.
Oddly enough this seems to happen a lot after rebuilding everything.

I'll try the choke, Cleaned the jets, Have new tank with av fuel and no pre filter.
Funny how at full throttle, stumbles, but at 3/4 throttle works fine, with good power
Thanks, working on it toady
Bob Boltz

Also make sure you have a fairly full tank of fuel.
My Isetta would never run as well flat out when it was on Reserve as the gravity-feed system could not keep up with the demand.

And last: do you have any kind of pre-filter installed in the feed line?  If so, get rid of it.