Author Topic: Messerschmitt kr200 "Panambi" ever heard of it?  (Read 9618 times)

lpomata

Messerschmitt kr200 "Panambi" ever heard of it?
« on: June 09, 2016, 06:17:25 PM »
Hello everybody

A friend of mine has a Messerschmitt kr200 "Panambi" model, we believe it was assembled in Argentina hence the "Panambi" name.
Anybody knows how to confirm this wheter by reading production sticker or any? Some pics attached
Thanks all for your help!

kabinenroller

Re: Messerschmitt kr200 "Panambi" ever heard of it?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 07:36:34 AM »
Not sure about the Argentina model but Messerschmitts were manufactured in Brazil under license but used the name Milivano.
The car you pictured has what looks to be a reproduction ID plate. The year number is not stamped and the serial numbe has too many digits. The real serial number should be stamped in the round tube just below the ID plate.
I believe this car was just offered on eBay and did not receive a single bid.

lpomata

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 07:55:42 AM »
Thanks Jim
I did find some references online about the Argentinian production and history. I also identified the factory which was called Panambi and was located in the city of Lomas de Zamora.
The car was listed on ebay as you mentioned and no bids received.
Looking forward to hear more comments from more forum members!

lpomata

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 10:15:35 AM »
Just found this old article where confirms the KR200 was assembled in Argentina.It is in spanish  ;)

Jim Janecek

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 06:56:18 AM »
Not sure about the Argentina model but Messerschmitts were manufactured in Brazil under license but used the name Milivano.

Only the KR175 was manufactured in ITALY, not Brazil using the name MIVALINO

There used to be a website for a Messerschmitt Club from Argentina but I cannot find it at the moment.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 07:02:28 AM by Jim Janecek »

kabinenroller

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2016, 07:06:30 PM »
Jim,
Right you are! I had my countries mixed up. If anyone should know about Italian made vehicles you would think it would be  someone with an all Italian heritage.
Wasn't there family in Brazil that had the licence to build a KR200 for their country, I believe they used their name on the car.

Jim Janecek

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2016, 09:29:35 AM »
You may be thinking of DECARLO but that was from Argentina and I don't think they put the name on any Messerschmitts, just BMW 600s and possibly some Isettas that were shipped in pieces so they could be said to have been "manufactured in Argentina".

The only Brazilian name I am aware of is the ROMI Isetta which used actual Italian ISO tooling to manufacture their own version of the ISO ISETTA.

scorpius666

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2016, 11:16:18 AM »
I've had quite a few Messerschmitts over the years and never heard of it , I bet if Vic Hyde were still around he would know.