Author Topic: looking for an elcar zele zagato differential  (Read 6618 times)

1974 elcar

looking for an elcar zele zagato differential
« on: December 14, 2014, 01:03:25 AM »
I need a known good zele zagato differential.  Someone here can make money that converted theirs to  gas still having original parts. The  right wheel bearing gives rubbing sound, probaly *partially frozen, has resistance. I believe dam bearing which is bad eventially caused right side drive part of differential failure.  Have spare part?, have$$. I could repair this, but would rather swap for faster fix and figure out broken unit later. My little zele is running and almost ready to drive. ;D :o :-\ :'(

steveg

Re: looking for an elcar zele zagato differential
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2014, 08:40:28 AM »
Since I used to OWN one (recently sold) I can tell you the parts are not that hard to find, just got to know where to look..the bearing is common for FIAT 600
if the diff is that bad, email me directly and I will locate something for you. the Bearing number is on it, and if the gears arent toast can be fixed.
I do know of another Zelle not far in restorable condition, maybe you might be interested in the entire car,  fairly good shape.
BTW mine went to the island of PR..  not likely it will ever return to the mainland.
steveg.  scg13803@yahoo.com