General Category > Microcars Discussion

74 zagato zele tech info - wiring diagrams

<< < (2/2)

1974 elcar:
I believe have different version of wiring for.main drive circuit. My shunt resistor is just one big coil with no taps.  Also my motor is only 3 terminals.  The drive circuit is always on, unless in 0 position.  I think thats what owners.manual states too.  I'm going to use a keyed sliding door lock, with a made mount to replace steering lock for anti theft since drive circuit always active.  The sub circuits are monkeyed with and archaic. I'm going to rewire new harness in a simplified and straight forward manner. Wire just hanging from dash, dash homemade replacent. Each circuit will have its own color code and own wiring, not the cost cutting done at factory to save on money where circuits are tapped off each other when can. I'm surprised such an expensive car for its time has such shoddy wiring unless hap hazard rework done. Will make own wiring diagrams of new harness for easy reference. May install LED headlights. Each speed wiil have its own volt meter to accurated track battery voltage drop. Easiest way since original speed selector used.  Voltage can be seen at any speed needed for driving conditions. Cruddy add on  amp meters are to be scrapped, volt meters are now self lit for night driving. Will install 12v socket,usb on dash for cab. Etc pics to follow...

1974 elcar:
hello wes,

Thanks for help and  advice, always good talking to you!  That flasher hand diagram helps...I need to completely rewire dash since monkeyed with. My car has only two solenoids and no aLtap shunt as stated, must be earlier version. later versions of this car probaly has revised circuitry.  I can't make out what the pos and neg heavey wires are since they merge, are these different colors in service manual???  There's a red wire from pedal that connects to where specifically in circuit, positive  since red??  please reply...what does red wire from pedal connect to?????

steveg:
I have a complete wiring diagram (factory) and a few other electric car diagrams you could use for the Zelle..

if its the three post motor (most common) the shunt is needed for field control for high speed (30MPH!!) without  the shunt the motor is held back by its own magnetic field, wasting current.  email me and I will hook you up.
steveg scg13803@yahoo.com

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version