Author Topic: How do I ship my Microcar?  (Read 9273 times)

Mr. Helpful

How do I ship my Microcar?
« on: March 16, 2013, 12:16:49 PM »
This question gets asked over and over again.
General consensus based on a WIDE variety of people around the USA is to try this place first:

http://www.bestrateautotransport.com/
800-272-6658
ask for Stephanie and tell her that it is a referral from a Microcar Club.

They are a broker, so they deal with a lot of different haulers, but they apparently are small enough to provide some good personalized service, plus they appear to use rather reputable drivers (so far) that know how to deal with special vehicles. Make sure you have some dimensions and the wheelbase and track length so they know it is smaller than a "normal" car.

So far, everyone using them has had favorable feedback about both the service AND the price. 
Example: An Isetta was recently shipped from Chicago to Colorado for $700 in an ENCLOSED trailer!

Your next option is to try a place that specializes in hauling motorcycles.  They will generally take a Messerschmitt (considered a trike), don't try and have them ship anything larger though.  The more "car like" the vehicle, the less chance there is they will deal with it.
I had a name for one place that I can't find at the moment, will update later when it surfaces.

treuland

Re: How do I ship my Microcar?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 01:11:05 PM »
I haven't used them but have heard uship.com is pretty good.  You get bids on shipping.
T

Jim Janecek

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 01:46:29 PM »
I haven't used them but have heard uship.com is pretty good.  You get bids on shipping.
T

That is like saying ebay.com is a good place to buy things.

And if you have not used them, how can you possibly recommend them?

steveg

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 07:15:54 PM »
I have had very good luck with USHIP

posted a pic and dimensions/weight and let the bidding start.

moved my BUBU 501 from CA to NY for next to nothing!  check references and feedback, if you know of another pick-up/delivery the hauler can do  and refer them to it, you could get additional discount.

steveg.