General Category > Microcars Discussion

Restoring 2 - Zegato Elcar's - what do you think?

<< < (2/3) > >>

wespiece:
Ok with everything pretty well mach'ed up, I removed the body from the frame so I could complete the welding of the engine brackets and weld in the jackshaft assembly. Then I painted the whole frame with gloss black paint. Now I am just working to complete body for final reassembly.

1974 elcar:
can you please reply with battery terminal wire color info, NEED dash, speedo and linkage for such if have, please reply

wespiece:
I do have some wiring diagrams I can share with you. I do not have any extra dash parts at this time. I have fabricated my dash out of a piece of thin aluminum.
You can see it in the pic attached

steveg:
Hi agian
the engine is and overkill, but looks fun.. I had another Zelle at one time which someone converted to gas using a 360 Honda, and it was fast, though scary with such a short wheelbase.   the conversion was simple and reversable , which i did before selling for another more orig. unit.
good job!.. keep me posted on your progress.

steveg.

wespiece:
Making a bit more progress. Car is now painted a dark metallic grey. Bottom half is semi gloss and the upper half is matt finish. Looks really good.
Now has all new carpet installed. Now waiting on door hinges and side marker lights. Anyone has a source for either of these?
Enjoy the pics!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version